Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Journal 5 The Graduate

Journal 5
The Graduate




1. Relate what was discuss in class or in text to the screening.
Mike Nichols brought the Graduate, which was based off a novel by Charles Webb, to the screen in 1967. The movie is a drama with a little comedy towards it and it’s reaches out to the younger audience because of the character and their rebellious roles.

2. Find a related article and summarize content.
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/18530/The-Graduate/articles.html
In this article its starts off by giving a summary about the movie where Benjamin graduate from college and is confuses about what his next move is. Then he gets into an affair with his father business partner wife (Mrs. Robinson). Then he is hit with another roadblock when he rekindles his lost relationship with Mrs. Robinson ‘s Daughter Elaine.
They also talk about how this movie was iconic to all culture and generation and memorable moments from the movie like the seen with Mr. Robinson and Benjamin when they were in his house.

3. Apply the article to the film in class.
We forget how different our mindset can be between to generation and how it effects us in our everyday lives. The article really stresses how this movie is great for all crowd because it can be related from the different character from the movie.

4. Write a critical analysis about the movie.
First off the movie was shot and edited with all the different shots and angels. Like the scene when Benjamin is in the room and they have the over the shoulder shot where he looking out the window and the fish bowl shot. Also the scene at the end when Benjamin crashes Elaine wedding was also a great scene. I like how the movie can relate with all crowds through the character. Many young adults can relate to getting out of college and not knowing their next move. Many of the older adults can relate to being in a situation that was force upon them. When you combine those two you will get those results some times that transpire in the movie. I thought overall this was a great movie.

CHECKLIST FOR PLAGIARISM 



1) ( x ) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class. 

2) (x ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper. 

3) ( x ) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text. 

4) ( x ) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper. 

5) ( x ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read. 

6) ( x) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography. 

7) (x ) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality. 

8) ( x ) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper. 


Tienyin Okorodudu (Shane)

No comments:

Post a Comment