Thursday, November 21, 2013

Journal 4 Citizen Kane

Journal 4
Citizen Kane




1. Relate what was discuss in class or in text to the screening.
This week we watch Citizen Kane, which was produce and directed by Orson Welles. This film was about the life of Charles Foster Kane who was also played by Orson. The film was based off of William Randolph Hearst life and in the movie you having numerous a people talking and telling their version of Charles life. They go back down memory lane to try and understand the deeper meaning of “Rosebud”.

2. Find a related article and summarize content.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/89/Citizen-Kane/articles.html

In this article they start off by giving a brief description of the movie and what it is about. Then they discuss the controversy that went on behind the scenes. It was stated that Welles wanted to take all the acknowledgement and accolades from this film as far as screen writing for this film goes. It actuality Welles got assistance from Herman J. Mankiwiecz and John Houseman. They go on to talk about fun facts, awards they were nominated and receive from this film, and other behind the scene works.

3. Apply the article to the film in class.
The whole movie is about controversy to me, which you can, see fits right into the movie. This movie was ahead of its time with camera angles to make Charles seem like a man with power, to the acting, screen writing etc. you can tell this is a movie about William Hearst life wants you do a little research.

4. Write a critical analysis of the film.

I like this movie, which is kind of strange because I’m not a big fan of black and white movies but this was pretty good. I like how he uses different shots and camera angle to really get those intense moments. Like the scene when his woman leaves him for good then he start to trash the place. Then all of a sudden it’s a wide shot where everyone see him lose it and he jus calmly walks away. I thought that was a great scene. I’m shock that for all those awards they were nominated for they only won one.


CHECKLIST FOR PLAGIARISM 



1) ( x ) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class. 

2) (x ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper. 

3) ( x ) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text. 

4) ( x ) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper. 

5) ( x ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read. 

6) ( x) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography. 

7) (x ) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality. 

8) ( x ) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper. 


Tienyin Okorodudu (Shane)

No comments:

Post a Comment