Monday, December 16, 2013

Journal 6 The Godfather

The Godfather







1. Relate what was discuss in class or in text to the screening.
The Godfather, which came to screen in 1972, was not only one of the best movies to play in the 70’s but arguably one of the best movies of all time. Based of the novel Puzo this movie was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starred big name people like Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, James Caan etc. This movie has a anti hero plot and shows value for gangster family and they life style.

2. Find a related article and summarize the content.
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/443184/The-Godfather/articles.html

In this article they talk about the summary of the godfather and how it touches on money, loyalty, family, greed, power, values, violence, etc. they also talk about how Frank chose to direct this film for all the wrong reasons. Frank chose to direct the film for Paramount’s Film because in was in a financial debt with previous film project disappointments. Then they talk about how they scooped out some place that would be good to shoot for the film and the auditions process actors and actress.

3. Apply article to the film screened in class.
I like how this film turn out to be great. I think a large part of that was because people had so much to prove and on the line as stated in this article. The director felt the pressure to have a great movie and that was do to the fact he was in a financial crisis and you had plenty of actor like Al Pacino who use this movie to boost their career to the next level.

4. Write a critical analysis to the film.
This by far is probably one of the best movies we saw in this class and I see why this was save for last. I like how this movie path the way as a platform for gangster movies You find yourself rooting for the bad guy even though in the movie you wouldn’t consider them as the bad guy because of the lifestyle they were living. The casting crew was great and you can see the chemistry between them. I wish that some of the women were mentally strong and more independent but I feel that why the movie is great because it makes it realistic of how women were seen during that time frame with that kind of lifestyle they were living.

CHECKLIST FOR PLAGIARISM 



1) ( x ) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class. 

2) (x ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper. 

3) ( x ) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text. 

4) ( x ) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper. 

5) ( x ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read. 

6) ( x) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography. 

7) (x ) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality. 

8) ( x ) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper. 


Tienyin Okorodudu (Shane)

No comments:

Post a Comment